Live Transcribe has a new name — Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications. It's an app that makes everyday conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just your Android phone.
Using Google’s state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition and sound detection technology, Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications provides you with free, real-time transcriptions of your conversations and sends notifications based on your surrounding sounds at home. The notifications make you aware of important situations at home, such as a fire alarm or doorbell ringing, so that you can respond quickly.
On most phones, you can directly access Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications with these steps:
1. Open your device's settings app.
2. Tap 'Accessibility', then tap 'Live Transcribe' or 'Sound Notifications', depending on which app you’d like to start.
3. Tap 'Use service', then accept the permissions.
4. Use the Accessibility button or gesture to start Live Transcribe or Sound Notifications.
[New] Sound Notifications:
• Get notified of potential risky situations and personal situations based on sounds happening at home (for example, smoke alarm, siren or baby sounds).
• Get notifications with a flashing light or vibration to your mobile device or wearable.
• Timeline view lets you go back in history (currently limited to 12 hours) to see what was happening around you.